Looking for a stable, growing company recognized for its great people and high engagement work environment? York Wallcoverings is America's oldest and largest producer of wallcoverings and peel & stick wall decals, sold domestically as well as in over 80 different countries. We are a survivor in an industry which used to support hundreds of manufacturers like us, and has consolidated to only a handful of current suppliers. We have been around for 120 years, and intend to stay around for another 120 years.
We're a design-to-manufacture company, selling beautiful products created by our own talented and creative people. We operate out of two locations, just several miles apart, in west York, Pennsylvania. Since coming out of the economic downturn from 2008 to 2010, we have doubled our sales revenues and expanded our workforce by 60%. And we continue to need talented, dedicated associates.
- Stable employment. No company can promise no lay-offs, but we haven't had one since coming out of the recession in 2010.
- Great benefits. As companies pass more and more of the ever rising cost of benefits on to the employees, we work aggressively to keep health care costs controlled and affordable. We have a special, lower premium cost for employees participating in certain wellness initiatives.
- Challenging, craftsman-based jobs that give you a chance to grow and demonstrate your abilities.
- A great work environment, where people work well together and treat each other with respect and care.
- A place where rewards are based on what you contribute, and get opportunities based on your own hustle and initiative.
We employ a wide range of occupations, including production roles, design jobs, and support occupations:
- Press helpers/printers
- Warehouse associates
- Finishing associates
- Maintenance skilled-tradesmen
- Graphic designers
- Assistant stylists
- Customer service personnel
- Accounting professionals
- Sales persons
- And many others . . .
We call them the 5 C's:
- Approaches every interaction with honesty, integrity, and trust
- Strives to do what is right
- Upholds and models the total set of values
- Personally invested in the company's values and goals
- Passionate about our ownership in the company's success
- Responsible with the company's resources, treating them like we would our own
- Works well with others to achieve our common goals
- Treats others respectfully and as partners
- Recognizes the value of others by encouraging and helping them succeed
- Makes the safety and well-being of others his/her primary concern
- Regarded as a good listener with an open mind
- Is receptive to the ideas of others
- Shares knowledge appropriately
- Takes personal responsibility for communicating clearly and effectively
- Works to provide a memorable customer experience, both with internal and external customers
- Anticipates and provides what the customer expects, including design options, product, and service quality
- Strives to find ways to meet customer requests, not reasons why s/he can't
Please see a listing of our current open positions below.
Commercial Slitter Operator
York Wallcoverings, Inc., a leader in the manufacture and design of wallcoverings, is seeking a Commercial Slitter Operator to join our highly skilled Commercial Finishing department at our Loucks Road facility in York, PA. The candidate must have prior fork lift experience; be a good communicator and have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on a consistent basis. Successful candidate will be able to handle a fast-paced environment, multi-task; and have the ability to interact with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Operate a slitter re-winder of our 54" commercial vinyl product; cut product to customer order specifications.
- Follow inspection process to insure product meets company quality standards.
- Physically maintain all equipment used, including the commercial slitter.
- Provide assistance to other machine operators within a team environment.
- Operate a forklift to move palletized product to the shipping area.
- Ability to perform work duties accurately and safely
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and written
- Computer skills helpful, but not necessary
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Ability to work 2nd Shift; Monday-Friday, 3pm-11pm
- High School Diploma/GED or the equivalent in work experience is required.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Staffing@yorkwall.com or mail to: York Wallcoverings, Attn: Human Resources Department, 750 Linden Ave., York, PA 17404. York Wallcoverings offers competitive wages and excellent benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a tobacco and drug-free workplace.
To view the full job description and to apply on-line, use link: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15130022
If the link fails to connect automatically, please copy and paste into your browser's address window.
Wall Decor Product Designer
RoomMates, a division of York Wallcoverings, is looking for an experienced product designer/graphic artist with wall decor, photo frame and/or decorative accessories background.
The candidate must have worked in this field with a company that provides product to national chain retailers and/or specialty stores.
In addition to creative product design and art conception, responsibilities also include product engineering and spec sheet completion. Candidate must have strong organizational and communication skills in order to best communicate both the design and also construction aspects of the product in the fullest details to our overseas factories.
We seek an energetic, self-motivated, methodical, yet extremely creative candidate who can interpret trends into best-selling, exciting, innovative wall art products.
Preference will be given to local candidates based in the York, PA area.
Please respond with resume and examples of your work via website or online portfolio. Interested candidates may submit information to
All positions can be applied to via the referenced link. The on-line application will allow you to attach a resume, which is highly encouraged.
Base requirements for consideration:
- We require all employees to have a high school diploma or GED, with some jobs requiring higher levels of education
- All offers extended are contingent upon a satisfactory background check
- We are a drug-free and tobacco-free company
- We are an equal opportunity employer
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability, provided it does not create an undue hardship on the company. Employees and applicants who feel they need a reasonable accommodation should direct such requests to the Human Resources Department. Upon receipt of an accommodation request, the Human Resources Department will meet with the individual employee to discuss and identify the precise limitations resulting from the disability and any potential accommodation(s). Personnel from the Human Resources Department, in conjunction with the other individuals who have a need to know such information and who assist in the accommodation process, will determine whether any proposed accommodation is feasible. The Company will engage in a good faith interactive process with the employee or applicant to decide on an appropriate and effective accommodation, if possible.
Medical information provided during this process is maintained confidential. The Company will take reasonable precautions to protect medical information from inappropriate disclosure. Managers and other employees have a responsibility to respect and maintain the confidentiality of employee medical information. Anyone inappropriately disclosing medical information is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.